※ Guidance for importing Personal Goods in custom process at Russia
- It is allowed to bring currency in an amount not exceeding the equivalent of USD 10,000 (total amount of cash and traveler cheques) without declaration.
- Monetary instruments (bills of exchange, bank cheques, securities to bearer) are subject to declaration regardless of the amount.
- Goods for an amount not exceeding EUR 500 and of a total weight not exceeding 25 kg may be brought in without paying customs duties when travelling by road or water.
- In case the above quotas are exceeded, customs duties and taxes of 30% of the cost but not less than EUR 4.00 per 1 kg of the weight will be charged.
- It is prohibited to import over 5 liters of alcoholic beverages or beer from abroad.
- All alcohol beverages over 3 liters must be declared and customs duties and taxes of EUR 10.00 per 1 liter are to be paid for every liter over the quota.
Tobacco products that can be imported without paying customs duties:
• 200 cigarettes,
• or 50 cigars,
• or 250 grams of tobacco,
• or assorted products listed above with a total weight not exceeding 250 grams
* The alcohol and tobacco import regulations imply that only adults over 18 may bring in these goods.
* Imported goods should be intended for non-business personal, family, domestic use. Customs officials determine the goods’ purpose based on their number and nature, as well as how often the individual crosses the border.
* For more detailed information, please review a booklet provided by Russia Custom Service [Download]